Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Jensen FHE

While in Utah we got together for a Jensen FHE and had a wonderful time.  My sister Melanie and her family were wonderful to host.  The kids had a great time swimming and being together.  We had a Jensen "Chicken Dinner" and a late night of Nertz; I love that game.  We of course had to do a sleepover (which the kids loved) and a big 4th or July breakfast.  Good times with the Jensens! 

Audrey and Lindsay swimming

The "Chicken Dinner"
This is a tradition started by my Great-Grandma Jensen.  The kids pretend the are chicken and you throw food to them to eat.  The kids cannot use their hand but can only use their mouths to eat.  I loved this when I was little because we always got sugar cereals like "Pops" that my parents wouldn't buy normally.  
The best part of the "Chicken Dinner" is the prayer before you start and that is what is happening in this picture.  One puts their nose to the cloth and repeats, "I know my heart. I know my mind.  I know that I stick up behind."  and of course all their cute bums are sticking up in the air.  Anyway,  I think this is a great tradition to pass on!

All the kids eating like chicken; notice how small the cloth has gotten.

Carson and Talmage doing some Star Wars dance; it was funny.

Uncle Jeff put together a great FHE lesson on America; we all learned a lot.

Beauty Parlor
The older girl cousins did the little girl cousins hair; very cute.

Adalyn all dress up and ready to go.

Audrey's cute hair courtesy or Abbie.

No comments: