Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Snow Day


We got maybe three inches of snow last night and today all schools are closed so we had a fun day. The kids woke up at seven and when they realized their was snow to play in they were ready to play. I made them wait till it was light outside but they kept asking until it was time. Luckily, Daddy was able to play out in the snow with the kids too (the snow canceled his plans too) and they loved it. The kids made a snowman with Daddy, had a snowball fight, and made snow angels. When things got cold they headed inside for some hot chocolate and a m
ovie day. I'm so glad that it snowed enough for my kids to play in it because it had been teasing us all week and they really wanted snow to play in. A cute side note when I asked the kids what was their favorite part of the day at dinner Talmage responded, "When I woke up and realized it had snowed last night." They were truly so excited for the snow because it is usually a one time thing up here. Yah, for a snow day!


A picture earlier in the week when big beautiful flakes were falling and teasing us.
Talmage and Audrey were watching the snow falling they said it was like watching TV and they were hoping it would stick; they got their wish a couple days later. :)

Cute Adalyn

The pink snow duo.

Talmage starting the base of the snowman.

The awesome snowman they made.

Adalyn loved the snow this year.
She's big enough to get around by herself and was smiling the whole time.

Cute Audrey

Star Wars marathon today; Talmage was in heaven.


1 comment:

Myrna Snider Thomas said...

I'm so glad they got a snow day. We haven't had ANY. Never have had enough snow to build a snow puppy much less a snowman.