Earlier in the morning when Gordon went to work I had some back pain and when I actually woke up I realized that I was contracting. I got the kids breakfast and tried a couple of different postitions to see if they would stop and they didn't. So, I called Gordon and told him I was contracting and he needed to answer my phone calls. I started to fold some laundry thinking the contractions might stop and instead they got closer together so within 15 minutes I called Gordon back and told him to come home.
We got to the hospital at 11 and I think the nurse thought I was not really in labor, but after being in observation for an hour and 15 minutes and a painful walk I changed from a 3 to a 6 and then things really started moving. Then at 3:47 p.m. Joseph was born and everything went great!
Luckily Gordon had been telling me this child was going to be early so I was ready for Christmas and had just gone grocery shopping the night before. I was very glad that he came when he did though because it was before Christmas enough that we didn't have to interrupt anyone's Christmas.
He is so beautiful and joy to hold and snuggle with! He has lighter hair like me and Audrey and Audrey is thrilled his color of hair is like hers. He looks a lot like Talmage as a baby but he also has his own look. We are so grateful for our beautiful, healthy baby boy!
Proud Daddy
Daddy, Talmage, Audrey, and Joseph.
2 comments:
congratulations! i wish you guys were closer so we could see these kiddos in person!
I am so excited for you guys. Baby boys are so sweet--and it must be so much fun to share that sweetness with your kids. They are are adorable. Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment