Friday, March 11, 2011

Surf Party!

Our children must be excited for summer because they have wanted to have a lot of beach parties lately. Audrey was the first to make a surf board out of a piece of cardboard and Talmage and Adalyn followed shortly behind. So, our beach parties consist of getting your swimsuit on, surfing, dancing to Beach Boys music, and drinking lemonade. The favorite song is "Catch a Wave" and is played over and over again. I love that my kids love Beach Boy music and that is it clean so we can just play all the songs and have fun.

Our kids love cardboard boxes and are constantly using them to facilitate their imaginative play. We got some really big boxes from Christmas and they have been put to great use; surf boards, sleds, robot heads, and just big boxes to climb in and out of. I don't remember playing with boxes that much when I was a kid, but I remember my cousin Lauren always had a box that she was playing with. I remember for Christmas one year she requested that Santa bring her a refrigerator box and some rope; talk about one creative girl.

Audrey surfing.

Talmage and Audrey with their surfboards.
Audrey's surf board has pictures of water and Talmage's has flames.

Talmage and Adalyn on their surf boards.
I couldn't get Adalyn to lift her arms higher and she is totally sticking her tummy out and making her swimsuit way to low.

Talmage made this picture of the Beach Boys for me; he copied the idea from one of their album covers.

On the back of the picture he wrote this sweet note to me. I love my boy!

2 comments:

Daisy Chick said...

I love how imaginative your kids are and I love seeing what they come up with...so clever. I have to agree card board boxes are THE BEST. You can do so many things with them. We have had a pirate ship, a house, a robot and even a guitar. Thanks for all your posts I love being able to see your family. Much love to all of you.

Stacee said...

So fun! We're definitely feeling some spring/summer fever too! Sadly, no surf parties in our house but I do love those Beach Boys...brings me back to my childhood. They were one of my favorites!