Talmage can officially rid his bike with no training wheels. He had been ready for awhile not really using his training wheels but not willing to take them off. So, I got this book at the library called Cowboy Roy; I thought it was going to be a book about a little boy being a cowboy but it ended up being more about riding a bike. In the book the little boy is made fun of because he has training wheels and then he is determined to not use them. Anyway, the book totally worked in my favor even though I was not trying to pressure Talmage to take his training wheels off. After reading the book Talmage asked to have his training wheels taken off and he just went for it and their was no turning back. We are so excited for him and he loves to ride his bike now!
Well, a couple nights after learning to ride his bike we headed out for a bike ride with another family in our neighborhood and Talmage biffed it hard. We were really proud of him because he got back on his bike and road home and wanted to ride his bike the next day. However, he had quite the bump on his check and we got a lot of fun stares around town.
The next day after his accident we went for a ride and went back to the same spot where the accident had happened. As we were waiting for Audrey to catch up I looked over and Talmage was saying a prayer. When he was done told me, "Mom, I was saying a prayer so that I won't get hurt again here." I almost started to cry but held it together. Well, we took off and he had no problems at that spot or any other spots. When we got home he told me, "Mom, Heavenly Father answered my prayer; I didn't get hurt!"
As a mother I was very touched by Talmage's simple faith to ask for courage and safety for what he was scared about and to recognized that Heavenly Father does answer our prayers. I love my boy and proud of the big boy he is becoming.
Talmage's battle wound.
Ridding his bike without training wheels.
2 comments:
Holy mackerel, T! That's quite a wound. You really look like a tough guy. So proud you thought to get your help from Heavenly Father. Isn't it great to know how much He loves us? I love you.
You've obviously taught him well, good work! You're a great Mom!
Post a Comment