This past month my Grandma passed away. She was 93 and lived a full and happy life. Two weeks after my parents arrived home my Grandma really started to go downhill. So, she really waited for them to get home. I am so grateful for the last couple of months where I have been able to spend every Tuesday with her. My children and I would go over after preschool and spend the afternoon with her and make her dinner. I loved watching my children play with her tell her things and take care of her. Audrey especially loved to rub her arms, sit and cuddle with her while they watched a movie, and sing songs to her. I hope that they will be able to remember this time with her and how much she loved them.
My Grandma means so much to me. She has taught me so many wonderful things like how to sew, garden, be a great help to people, and throw a wonderful party. She came to all of my different performances and Gordon’s too she was an amazing support in my life. I will miss her but I know that she is so happy to be reunited with all of her love ones up in Heaven.
I had an opportunity to speak at her funeral with my cousin Brittany and Lauren. The day before the funeral all of the girl cousins were able to get together and share our thoughts about Grandma. We decided to make a list of things that we associated with her like velveeta cheese, molded rice crispy treats, sewing, and albleskivers to name a few. Then Brittney focused on how she was a wonderful support to us all, Lauren talked about her famous Halloween party, and I talked about how she nurtured us by teaching us how to sew and garden. I was also able to sing “Each Life That Touches Ours For Good” with many of my siblings. It was a wonderful service and I was honored to be able to participate in honoring my Grandma’s wonderful life.
This month we were able to go visit Grammy and Papa in California. It was so nice to get away after the crazyness of my parents coming home, and my Grandma’s passing away. Gordon had a conference in Tahoe so we took the whole family since it is so close to Sacramento.
While visiting Grammy and Papa we did a lot of relaxing that’s what I needed especially. Luckily Grammy and Papa’s is the best place to relax. We had fun going out to dinner with Gordon’s parents, Jared and Michal, and Rohnda one night. Then our big outing was going to the lego store. Talmage had been working hard to at filling his chart so that he could go to the lego store. Well the lego store was awesome. They have a wall of legos that you can fill a container with anything you want. So, we started filling up a container, but we could realize that Talmage wasn’t really into it. So we decided to let him walk around the store and he decided on a Star Wars set. However, Gordon decided that he wanted the container of legos still. So, both Talmage and Gordon left the lego store happy that day.
We also had a fun movie night with cousins. The boys watched Star Wars and the girls watched Enchanted. Then we also had fun with cousins at the park. It was a really fun trip that was nice and relaxing; just what Mom needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment